What's new in Book Wizard Reader
Version 1.5, January 2010
- Adds a fall-back if the media type is absent from audio info. This prevents the invalid file error in the bookshelf.
- Adds AMR and AMR wideband plus decoding capabilities. (This is for unprotected books only.)
- Fixes a bug that caused a crash when BWR was unable to retrieve preview information for Book Port Transfer.
- Fixes a bug that caused an error saving and retrieving keyring files. Users who update to this version may have to reinstall their RFBD authorization keys.
- Improves error messages to provide more precise information about the file that caused an error.
Version 1.4.1, April 2009
- Fixes an issue that caused the Alt-letter hot keys to fail in the text and braille views.
- Fixes errors related to saving and restoring the view positions.
- Status line now shows the class and ID for the current nav point, current page, and the SMIL Ref.
- Fixes the Braille view so that images are shown.
- Fixes navigation in DAISY/NISO 2005 books.
- Fixes path for images in some NIMAS files that prevented images from appearing.
- Fixes an issue with the dublin core (dc) namespace in Bookshare periodicals.
Version 1.4, February 2009
- Handles new Bookshare Formats
- Many bug fixes
- Better handling of text with cascading style sheets (CSS).
Version 1.3.4, May 2008
- Fixes problems with namespaces when loading NIMAS files that caused text not to be displayed.
Version 1.3.3, August 2007
- Fixes a bug that caused a "blank" book to be opened when a special book CD such as the Verbal View series was presented. This also caused the license prompt and open-file dialog to come up.
Version 188.8.131.522, January 2, 2007
- Release candidate without AMR WB Plus support.
Version 184.108.40.2068, September 22, 2006
- Fixes an error loading XML documents encoded as "ISO-8859-1" (latin-1). This was causing some Spanish characters such as accents to be dropped.
- Adds the "Go to time" command available from the Audio menu or by using Ctrl+Shift+G. Allows the time to be entered in a variety of formats including relative time (+ or -).
- Fixes errors in sending lattin-1 characters, such as used in Spanish, to the speech synthesizer. Text is now both displayed and spoken correctly in Spanish
Version 1.2, June 2006
- Fixes handling of blank nav point text labels. The text level falls back to the time in minutes.
- Fixes a bug that caused the first section of a book to be left out when sending to the Bookport.
- Improves efficiency of loading the nav map.
- Goes back to loading the textual content in segments for improved performance using large files.
- Updates the toolbar with new graphics.
- Adds the ability to send books with various combinations of MP3 and RIFFWAVE formats to the Bookport.
- Handles skipped pages in audio DTB's sent to the Bookport.
- Fixes a bug in the number-keynavigation of some books.
- Fixes bugs related to page numbers when books are sent to the Book Port
- BWR now opens and plays a "dtbook" xml file or a "NIMAS" file as a book.
- Provides the Bookport (tm) transfer software with up to 6 levels of navigation.
- Fixes a problem with page numbering and "Goto Page".
- Fixes incorrect parsing of clip times when times are expressed in fractions less than 1 ms.
- Fixes problems recognizing and playing books from "www.audiobookstand.com" due to a missing class attribute on the title node of the NCC.
- Uses a new method for navigating in a book that is faster and more efficient. This improves performance for all books especially books with the full text included.
- Corrects a problem that caused optional content consisting of more than one segment to be read even when turned off.
- Corrects errors in the loading and playing of some DAISY 2.02 books caused by unconventional markup in the navigation control.
Version 1.0.8, May 2005
- Corrects a problem, recently introduced, that causes page numbers to be incorrectly interpreted in Book Port.
Version 1.0.7, April 2005
- Adds the Lists item to the Navigation menu to let you navigate directly to optional areas in a book. (Such lists might include lists of note references.)
- Adds the Optional Content dialog to the Audio menu to let you control announcement of optional audio such as page numbers, notes, etc.
- Adds the Select Text option to the View menu.
Version 1.0.6, September 2004
- Fixes problems with XML images not being displayed by the Internet Explorer browser.
- Respects all user and producer stylesheets.
- Further improves load time and performance for large text books.
- Fixes a problem that caused some book files to be left after deleting a book from the bookshelf.
- Adds additional features to support multiple section levels in Book Port
Version 1.0.5, August 2004
- Adds the Delete Book feature to the bookshelf.
- Adds the Find Text command to the Navigation menu.
- Adds accessible character text navigation in the Text view.
- Adds support for "mouse click" navigation in the text view of a full-text DTB
- Supports the use of style sheets for DTBs.
- Generates pseudo GUIDs for invalid DAISY 2.x books that do not have a GUID.
- Updates the Braille view to take advantage of new speed and functionality enhancements.
- Relaxes the way Daisy 2.x books get interpreted, so more invalid books should work properly.
- Adds protected Z39-862002 support.
- Views are now automatically reopened based on which views were open when the last book was closed and the content of the book being loaded.
Version 1.0.4, June 20, 2004
- Fixes a missing file problem with the previous release.
Version 1.0.3, June 10, 2004
- Fixes a navigation problem specifically related to Book Share books and periodicals.
- Fixes a problem starting playback when certain books are loaded and need to return to a last-mark position.
Version 1.0.2 June 7, 2004
- Speeds up the loading of text-only DTB's such as those from Bookshare.
Version 1.0.1, May 24, 2004
- Fixes missing last page in navigation list sent to book Port for audio DAISY books.
- Adds a 100 MS tolerance for books with clip times that exceed the end of the audio file.