Daisy Online Delivery Update
This update adds the ability to use a Daisy Online server to Book Port Plus. You must order this update by phone. Call 800-223-1839 and ask for Customer Service. The update is called the Book Port Plus Daisy Online Delivery update.
To install the update, download the file linked in the email you received from APH Customer Service.
Put the file into the VerUp folder on the SD card. If the card does not contain a VerUp folder, create one.
Restart Book Port to install the update. Note that you must be plugged in to perform the update.
Once the update is installed, Book Port adds the following menu items:
- Online Service to the main menu
- Bookshelf Announcement to the main menu
- Online Service Setting to the Network menu
- Bookshelves for each configured online service accessed with the Title key
- Service announcements accessed with the Title key
This update comes with four online services:
Before you can use any of the services, you must do each of the following:
- Establish an account with each of the services you wish to use. Each service has its own eligibility requirements, so check with the ones in which you are interested.
- Enter your login credentials to the Network / Online Service Settings / Change Service menu option on Book Port.
To download titles from a service, follow these steps:
- Select Online Services from the main menu. Note that this option does not appear until you add the user ID and password for a service.
- Select the service to use
- Find the titles to download. Each service provides numerous ways to find titles. Use the Left Arrow or Right Arrow to select how to search, then press Down Arrow. Some options may require additional information such as the name of the title or author to find. Press Down Arrow to start the search. Book Port lists all the titles on that service that match your request.
- Use Left Arrow or Right Arrow to move through the titles.
- For a single download, press the pound key.
- To mark several titles, press the Bookmark key for each title, then press Pound to download all the marked titles.