What's new in Math Flash
The following enhancements and corrections were made to Math Flash.
Version 1.2, January 2010
- Disables the Math Mentor character under Windows 7. (Microsoft no longer supports the agent characters which are what the program uses to display the mentor.)
Version 1.0.13, October 2008
- Updates code effecting the animated graphics Agent character display under Vista.
- Updates to version 5 of the Speech Application Programming Interface (SAPI).
- Updates the audio response files.
Version 1.0.8, October 2002
- Corrects a menu printing option.
- Updates the Setup program used for installation.
- Corrects a minor issue with display of the icon.
- Correctly installs and runs on Windows XP.
- Corrects an issue where the underline separating the problem from
the answer did not appear on all monitors.
- Adds a new math mentor, Dot the guide dog, and makes Dot the default
- Changes the behavior for creating a new document so that remainders
are not used.
- Adds the Control key silence functionality. Now, once you press
Control, the program will not speak again until you press another key.
- Updates the About box to reflect the full file version.
- Adds the ability to announce correct answers when reviewing the
results of a test.
- Installs correctly on Windows 2000.
- Updates Math Flash user defaults.
- A problem involving normal user account usage under Windows NT with
access to some speech components was corrected.
- A problem with handling speech component failure was corrected.
- Corrected a problem with printing. Earlier versions would claim that the
demo did not support printing, even though the program was not a demo.
Currently both the demo and the registered version of Math Flash support
- The Setup program was updated to correct a problem that occurred
when you had a demo version installed then tried to update with the
registered version on the CD if that registered version was older than
the demo. Now, if the demo is newer than the registered version, Setup
updates the information that registers the program and keeps the newer
software in tact.
- Corrected Setup issues for Windows NT 4, including Administrative rights,
Service Pack detection, and Auto Check (CD auto-play) problems.