American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Version 1.4, January 2010
- Adds compatibility for 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Enhances the self voicing options. The default is "Auto" which detects if a screen reader is already running, and if it is, uses the screen reader's speech with enhanced output.
- Adds the Weekend Action control to the semi-monthly recurring transaction type to let you specify what action to take if the selected days fall on a weekend.
- Adds This Month, Last Month, and Next Month to the Restrict menu.
- Adds a sound to alert you when you try to stop showing restrictions (by pressing Escape) and there are no restrictions in effect.
- Corrects a problem with the Backup option introduced in version 1.3.1.
- Corrects a problem when pay names from the bank contained bracket characters.
Version 1.3, February 2008
- Performs stronger error checking on loading paynames.
- Drops the requirement that you type a "-" to restrict debits in the register.
- Adds lowest and highest amounts for each item in the Credit/Debit and Category summaries.
- Adds the number of transactions that will be deleted to the Delete Transaction dialog if more than one transaction is involved.
- Improves self voicing feedback in areas where the entire transaction should be read such as moving to the next or previous uncleared transaction.
- Restricts amount fields so they accept only digits and decimals.
- Changes hot keys to make the Transaction and Split dialogs consistent.
- Adds the Duplicate Transaction command on the Transaction menu.
- Displays totals of debits and credits at the bottom of the Credit/Debit summary dialog.
- Corrects problems with not saving speech parameters and program registration information under Vista.
- Adds backup and restore options.
Version 1.2.1, September 2007
- Adds support for dates in QIF files that contain dashes instead of slashes
- Adds support for dates in QIF files that contain no separator characters.
Version 1.2, February 2007
- No longer suppresses the Category and Subcategory fields of the register on printouts.
- Improves weekend action handling for recurring transactions with dates at the beginning or end of the month.
- Adds the Select by Date option to the Edit menu.
- Adds the ability to move directly to any column in the register.
- Adds the Restrict menu. The Restrict menu contains items related to restricting the view which were formerly found on the View menu.
- Removes support for guessing at the next check number in recurring transactions. The check number is now cleared when the recurrence posts.
- Adds the ability to import Comma Separated Value (CSV) files.
- Adds a unique sound for the instance where you move to a cleared transaction that falls below the minimum balance.
- Adds the Lowest Running Balance command.
- Adds commands to restrict the view to transactions that occured this year or last year.
- Increases the speed at which the program closes in an attempt to solve the update problems seen by some.
- Corrects a problem with improper postings of semimonthly transactions.
- Corrects a bug that made check numbers get out of sequence when posting recurring transactions containing check numbers.
- Corrects a bug in the category summary where the displayed data were incorrect if splits were expanded.
- Adds the subcategory name "no subcategory" to items in the category summary which do not have subcategories.
- Updates the info for the specified pay name when editing a transaction. Before, pay name info was only updated when adding a new transaction.
- Fixes a bug where the next check number could appear in the item list twice.
- Adds the Hide Selection command to the View menu to let you temporarily hide any transaction.
- Adds H to the list of commands the user may press while in the Status column to hide the current transaction.
- The minimum number of days that can be used for the recurring every X days transactions is now 3. Using 1 or 2 days got confusing when weekends were thrown into the mix.
- Corrects a problem where the program let the user transfer sub-transactions in a split transaction to another account.
- Adds Or to the find capabilities.
- Adds the ability to restrict the view to Split transactions.
- Adds three commands, U, X, and S, to the commands you may type in the status column to restrict the view to uncleared, cleared, and split transactions.
- Corrects a bug that prevented recurring transactions from posting on the correct day with the Every X Days setting in some circumstances.
- Adds the ability to speak through the self-voicing interface while making a selection.
- Relaxes the way the program imports QIF data. Some QIF files incorrectly put the !Type:Bank for each transaction in the file, but the specification calls for only one of these at the beginning of the file. Money Talks now imports these incorrect files.
- Adds a status bar indicator to show the status of expanded splits.
- Adds the ability to delete categories by typing the name and pressing Ctrl+D. Previously, the user had to locate the list item before deleting.
- Adds the ability to reuse a newly entered category in the Split dialog.
Version 1.1, December 2005
- Corrects a bug that caused the program to ignore requests to post recurring transactions every x days. The program always used 21 days no matter what number the user specified.
- Adds the Use Bank Name, Use Bank Item, Use Bank Date, and Use Bank Memo checkboxes to the General tab of the Settings dialog to let the user control which information from the bank overwrites existing information in a transaction when importing QIF files.
- Adds the Cleared and Uncleared Transactions commands to the View menu. These commands let the user restrict the view to those transactions that are either cleared or uncleared. Previously, it was only possible to move to the previous or next uncleared transaction.
- QIF files now respect the Windows regional settings for dates.
- Adds the Credits Before Debits option in the General tab of the Settings dialog. The option is used to let you list credit transactions before debits that occur on the same day.
- Allows self-voicing to work with the registration dialog.
Version 1.0.2, August 2005
- Adds the "Include Uncleared Transactions in Summaries" button in the General tab of the Settings dialog. Checking this box makes the Category and Credit/Debit Summary commands include all transactions.
- Adds support for selecting all text in the Category and Credit/Debit Summary reports. This makes it easier to copy and paste the information into another document for saving or printing.
- Corrects an issue in QIF files where dollar sighns are used in negative amounts.
- Grays the Import/Bank Transactions menu item if there are no transactions in your register.
- Adds the Restrict to Selection command.