What's new in Book Wizard
Version 22.214.171.124, September, 2010
- Title audio was not being saved immediately after setting it with the selected audio. This is fixed.
- Fixed a problem that caused audio marks to be left behind after removing a nav point.
- Now the focus properly returns to it's correct position after removing a nav point.
- Switched to MSXML 6.
Version 1.4.4.x, December 2009
- Fixed a bad bug that caused extra page numbers to be added to the page map.
- Fixed incomplete validator installation and an issue with the use of Windows short path names.
- Fixed issues with updating the nav label after editing a non-NCX nav point.
- Fixed the nav list view, apparently broken so that it wouldn't open.
- Fixed incorrect synchronization of XML and audio for lists
- Fixed problem that caused the position to be placed incorrectly after synchronization of audio and text.
- Fixed the text selection option in the view menu.
- Now skips any elements that do not contain text when creating SMIL from a DTBook XML File. This prevents such elements as hr from being added to the SMIL.
Version 1.4.3.x, October 2009
- Fixed a bug that caused the cursor to jump around between the Audio and Contents view while playing.
- Includes version2.3 of the NLS validation package.
- Fixes the insert-audio-file dialog that did not appear under Windows XP.
- Fixed addition of main sequence when importing DTBook text files.
- Fixed extra nav point when an audio file is inserted and automarking is on.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio mark indicators to be absent from the wave view after insertion of a new nav point.
- Fixed the pageRef and mapRef attributes in the NCX when a book is created from a DTBook XML (DAISY text) file. The mapRef's were always one off.
Version 126.96.36.199, September 2009
- Fixed a bug that caused the basename to be calculated incorrectly when importing a sequence of audio files.
Version 188.8.131.52, August 2009
- Adds support for 64 bit versions of Vista and Windows 7.
- Corrects a problem that prevented distribution of the AMRWB+ encoder.
- Using audio marks when importing audio files is now one of the options in the "Settings" menu.
- Fixes minor issues with audio file importation.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Alt-letter hot keys to fail in the text and braille views.
- Now shows a list of audio clips in the audio view. A clip may be selected using a mouse click. The hot keys for moving among clips are CTRL+Up and CTRL+Down.
- The status line now shows the class and ID for the current nav point, current page, and the SMIL Ref.
- Fixes the Braille view so that images are shown. Also, consolidates code for the text and braille views for simplicity.
- Fixes errors related to saving and restoring the view positions. Consolidates the code for saving and restoring in the child frame to avoid code duplication.
- The contents view now shows the actual page number for pagenum points rather than using the ID.
- Fixes bugs related to editing nav points, specifically changing a non-ncx point such as a paragraph to an ncx nav point.
- Fixes a bug that caused page references to be incorrect after adding and shifting nav points.
- Fixes two bugs that caused audio marks to be mishandled; a failure to go beyond level 1 and skipping level 2 marks at the beginning of audio files added after the first one. These were side effects of making BWP skip some invalid marks that might have been placed there by certain audio editors.
- Fixes navigation in DAISY/NISO 2005 books.
- Fixes path for images in some NIMAS files that prevented images from appearing.
- Fixes an issue with the dublin core (dc) namespace in Bookshare periodicals.
Version 184.108.40.206, February 2009
- Fixes an error in creating the bookmark set after creating a new audio book and a related memory leak.
- Fixes problems setting clip-begin and clip-end after creating a new audio book.
- Fixes a crash after creating a book from existing audio files and bringing up the Navigation menu.
- Fixes an issue that caused the contents view of a book with dense markup to be mis-aligned.
- Fixes a crash being caused by freeing global memory inappropriately.
- Fixes problems creating AMR WB distribution books with divided audio selected.
- Corrects problems that did not permit loading a sequence of audio files without marks. It is now possible to import a whole series of audio files weather or not they contain any markup.
- Corrects a problem that prevented using mp3 as the file type to import a series of audio files.
- Fixes problems with namespaces when loading NIMAS files that caused text not to be displayed.
- Adds a new command 'X' and 'Shift+X' to the audio view that moves to the transitions between files. This is very useful when audio files without marks have been imported.
- When NIMAS files are imported the image is moved into an "imggroup" element and alt text is placed as a "prodnote".
- Fixed problems with lists imported from NIMAS and HTML files.
- BWP now uses the latest validators from NLS and will launch the NLS protector when an AMR/wb+ book is built assuming that the protector is installed.
- Adds a field to the Build-distribution dialog to limit the size of SMIL files.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Version 1.3.2, June 2007
- The audio view now opens whenever the command is given to insert a new audio file. This relieves the user from having to remember to open the audio view before inserting a file.
- Highlights all text whenever audio is being used to play the content. This corrects an error where only the first word was highlighted.
- The Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Backspace keys now work from the Wave View.
Version 220.127.116.11, June 12, 2007
- Fixes a bug that caused the distribution of an AMR book to use the MP3 distribution if it is built immediately after the MP3 build.
- If the "next paragraph" command is invoked while recording any left-over audio is cut.
- Fixed some bugs in editing a full-text audio book.
- Updates the NLSVal validator to version 402.
- Changes the name of the NLS MD5 file to use the "dtb" suffix as per NLS requirements
- Locks the book after building a distribution to prevent accidental changes.
- Fixes a bug in version 18.104.22.168 that caused paragraphs and other non-ncx segments to be skipped in a distribution.
- Creates the audio headings file from an MP3 source when building a distribution. Among other things this corrects the problem reported of full paths appearing in the distribution NCX. It also makes it possible to correct a distribution and then build a new distribution from it.
- Stops recording if a navigation command other than "Next Paragraph" is given. This fixes a crash situation and makes more sense.
- Automatically turns off "auto advance" when recording is begun.
- The manifest dialog has been corrected and a "brows" button has been added to assist in adding files to the manifest.
- Inserting audio files will start a new nav point if the current nav point is the root, or if the root is the only nav point.
- Removes line that extracts double-dash ("--") from text.
- Fixes an error in the AMREnc library that caused a failure when using a restricted account.
Version 22.214.171.124, April 16, 2007
- Fixed AMR WB+ specs per NLS requirements found in Spec 1203, Nov. 2006.
Version 126.96.36.199, April 12, 2007
- Fixed the audio format to "3gpp" for AMR Wideband encoding as per NLS specs.
- Fixed the "send to" option for creating a book from a sequence of audio files.
Version 188.8.131.52, February 16, 2007
- Fixed a bug in release 184.108.40.206 that allowed the program to quit without waiting for background processing to complete.
Version 220.127.116.111, January 2, 2007
- Release candidate without AMR WB Plus support
Version 18.104.22.1684, December 18, 2006
- Creates the element in books that have textual content but do not include this in the "frontmatter". Title must be set using the "Edit", "Edit Metadata" command.
- Adds AMR Wideband+ to the choices for encoding a distribution build.
- Adds creation of an NLS checksum file for the source and distribution copies when a distribution is built.
- Adds the "Recording Agent" metadata for NLS books.
- Fixes the errors in the custom test elements of the NCX when a new distribution is built that divides the SMIL into multiple files.
- Fixes the "default volume" bug.
Version 22.214.171.1247, September 29, 2006
- Adds background saving of audio files.
- Fixes an error loading XML documents encoded as "ISO-8859-1" (latin-1). This was causing some Spanish characters such as accents to be dropped.
- Fixes a bug that caused a audio buffer-full error when a new bookw as created that exactly matched an existing one.
- Corrects errors when building a new distribution from an existing one as in the case of dividing the SMIL files in a new distribution. Specifically it corrects the paths for the headings file and makes sure the nav lists are copied.
Version 126.96.36.199, August 4, 2006
- Adds the "Go to time" command available from the Audio menu or by using Ctrl+Shift+G. Allows the time to be entered in a variety of formats including relative time (+ or -).
- Fixes the missing selection using the brackets ([ and ]) from the wave view.
- Fixes a bug that resulted in the position in an audio file to revert to the beginning of an audio clip after audio was deleted.
- Fixes inconsistencies in the recalulation of the total time when audio was being inserted and deleted.
- Fixes errors in sending lattin-1 characters, such as used in Spanish, to the speech synthesizer. Text is now both displayed and spoken correctly in Spanish
Version 188.8.131.521, June 29, 2006
- Fixes the "Record Insert" button on the toolbar.
- The peak meter can now be enabled before audio has been added to the book.
Version 184.108.40.2060, May 31, 2006
- Fixes a bug in the creation of books by opening an audio file, (mp3 or wav).
- Fixes a bug that caused BWP to drop out of record mode when recording directly from the text display.
Version 220.127.116.118, May 30, 2006
- When "Allow TTS Playback" from the Settings menu is off, (unchecked), BW scrolls the current text element to the top of the text window. Otherwise the current text is scrolled so that the most recent text is in view at the bottom of the window.
- Added the Pre/Post roll Interval" to the "Shuttle" dialog in the "Settings" menu. The range for this setting is 0 to 30 seconds.
- Fixed a bug that prevented going directly into record mode while playback was in progress.
- Added "punch-in" features. This works just as it does in Studio Recorder. If there is a selection and you begin recording you hear 2 seconds of audio, then the recording starts. After the selection has been re-recorded recording stops and then 2 seconds of post-roll audio is played.
- Fixed the shift-F6, record insert, command which was broken.
Version 18.104.22.1685 May 18, 2006
- Added support for the APH remote controller.
- BWP now uses F3 and Shift+F3 to control the speed without TSM for proofing the audio.
- BWP now ignores style sheets. The text display uses Windows system colors and settings.
- If "Allow TTS Playback" is off BWP will stop when no audio is available.
- Adds the "Allow TTS Playback" option from the "Settings" menu.
- Adds word-by-word highlighting when playing text using TTS.
Version 22.214.171.124, May 3, 2006
- Updated toolbar with new graphics.
Version 126.96.36.199, April 17, 2006
- Fixes a problem with audio clips that may have a very short length (1 ms) that should be removed from the DTB. There is now a built in 10 MS limit to the length of an audio clip.
- Fixes a problem that sometimes caused pageRefs not to be added to the SMIL when a book is loaded.
- Fixes all known problems with full paths being saved to a DTB rather than the expected relative paths.
Version 188.8.131.526, January 13, 2006
- The "Send To" command available from Windows Explorer now works with all supported file types.
- Errors in "pageRef", "navRef", and "value" attributes in the NCX were corrected.
- NLSVal 3.1.2 is now included.
- An audio "Post Roll" command was added and uses the period "." key.
- The documentation has been expanded and updated.
Version 184.108.40.2064, December 15, 2005
- Fixes a bug that caused a clip boundry to occaisionally be set to a negative value.
- BWP now plays a phrase of a newly inserted audio file as an indication that the insertion is complete.
- Adds the period '.' command to the audio view to play a phrase beginning at the current possition (post roll).
- Fixes a bug that caused the audio info after an audio file was inserted not to be set. We now explicitly navigate to the new nav point to make the views update.
Version 220.127.116.117, December 6, 2005
- Provides special treatment of audio files with the string "ann." in them. These audio files are never split in order to conform to NLS standards.
- Fixes file names on the nav target element when a distribution is built that splits the SMIL into multiple files.
- Fixes the recalculation of the total book time when audio is inserted, cut, or pasted into the book.
- The menues have been slightly reorganized. Some items that were in the "Tools" menu have been moved to the "Settings" menu.
- Adds a feature that will automatically save the book and begin a new audio file if recording whenever a nav point is added at a specified level. The default is "on" and "level 1".
Version 18.104.22.1680, November 15, 2005
- The way recording works has been changed. F6 now records in "Overwrite" mode meaning that new audio will overwrite existing audio. This behavior is limited to the current segment (audio clip). Insert+F6 will record in "Insert" mode and behaves like previous versions of BWP.
Version 22.214.171.1245, October 31, 2005
- BWP now saves DTD files if they do not exist when a book is saved.
- Fixes a bug in the function that creates a new list from the "Nav List View".
- The "Set Selection as Heading" command can now be used to explicitly set the audio label for an item that is a page number or list item./li>
- Fixes a bug that sometimes caused a blank audio file entry to be added to the manifest.
Version 126.96.36.1998, October 18, 2005
- Fixes the "Browse" button in the New Book Dialog.
- Automatically assigns the "value" attribute to newly created nav lists
- Adds the audio labels of nav list items to the source headings audio file.
Version 188.8.131.525, October 4, 2005
- Adds a command to set the selection as the page number for the current page.
- Fixes a page renumbering bug that appeared when the Page Info dialog was cancelled and then the element type changed.
- Fixes the functions to set the selection as title, author, heading, or clip.
Version 184.108.40.2065, September 26, 2005
- Fixes a bug that caused multi-volume books to be displayed incorrectly in the Nav View (contents).
- Fixes a bug that caused incorrect default classes to be assigned to pars when starting a new SMIL file during the "BuildDistribution".
Version 220.127.116.116, September 6, 2005
- Changes the way the "scrub" function works. The scrub command continues to play the scrubbed audio segment until the control key is released.
- Adds new audio cut, copy, and paste functions that work in both the audio view and the wave view.
- Fixes several bugs in the wave view mark synchronization functions
- Selections in the Wave View and the Audio View are now always linked.
Version 18.104.22.1685, August 2005
- Fixes a bug that caused audio marks not to show up in the Wave View when new nav points were inserted.
- Fixes an error in correcting clip times when audio was deleted.
Version 22.214.171.1248, August 2005
- Fixes a bug that incorrectly assigned an ID and a mapRef attribute to new page number items.
- Fixes a bug that caused clips to be incorrectly adjusted when new audio was inserted.
Version 126.96.36.1998, July 2005
- Converts BWP to Unicode.
- The "Build Distribution" command now cleans up the folder where the book is created deleting files that do not belong with the book.
- New mapping methods improve performance
- Added the "Generate Audio from Text" command to the "Tools" menu. This command creates an audio book from a text-only book. The BuildDistribution" command can then be used to encode the audio and create an audio DTB suitable for distribution.
- Added the "Find Text" command to the Nav View to search for certain nav labels.
- Added support for NLSVal as well as ZedVal Version 1.1.0.
- Changes the commands to play the title and author. F7 now plays the title only and Shift+F7 plays the author.
- Added additional audio encoding parameters to the "Build Distribution Dialog
- Added corrections specifically related for NLS books.
- Added support and a view for managing nav lists.
- Added the ".bwp" project file for storing project specific information that cannot be stored in the DTB itself.
- Added a "Page Info" dialog for editing page number information
Version 1.0.6.x, December 2004
- Corrects missing data for "dc:Date", "dtb:producedDate", and revision. The current date is used if no date is present and blank revision data is removed.
- Adds the Properties dialog on the Edit menu to identify manafest and custom test items.
- Adds the ability to right click a nav item to edit or select a SMIL class.
- Enhances the New Book dialog.
- Changes the behavior of the "Compress Audio" button in the Build dialog. Now, if this is not checked, the program will not attempt to build new mp3 files.
- Adds .popf as a new filetype that represents partial opf files.
- Adds image and style sheet files to the manafest and copies those files to the target folder.
- Makes the Stop button black.
Version 1.0.4.X, August 2004
- Adds the ability to display the raw Zedval report when the report is invalid. This happens when Zedval sees the "&" character in a title.
- Views are now automatically reopened based on which views were open when the last book was closed and the content of the book being loaded.
- Adds enhancements to the code view including text searching, go to line, File name display, and cursor position indicator.
- Wave view now displays audio marks that reflect the book structure. Marks can be moved and the clips changed within the wave view using the mouse.
- Clicking with the mouse in the Wave view causes the position in the book to move to the point where the click occurred. In other words you can navigate the book with mouse clicks in this view.
Version 188.8.131.52, May 2004
- Adds support for multiple media unit books.
- Corrects the "Total Time" metadata field when building multiple media unit books.
Notice: Accessibility of APH Websites