What's new in Lou Translate™
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Version 2.0, March 2022
Updated pandoc to 184.108.40.206
Updated Liblouis to 3.21.0
Added the ability to convert multiple files by selecting them all at once
Added the ability for anyone with Inno setup 6.2 or later installed to be able to build their own version.
- Download latest Inno Setup
- unzip pandoc into dist folder.
- remove pandoc.zip
- Select lt.iss to open inno setup
- Press F9 when Inno setup is up
- In the send-to-braille\output folder a lt_setup.exe will be generated
Version 1.0 updated Made possible by Timothy Wynn (TW)
- Moved to github by Ken Perry
Adds Utf8n.exe from Jamal Mazrui's EasyEncode project. This
executable takes an input, and reencodes as UTF-8 without the leading
byte order mark (BOM). This executable is necessary to add UTF-8
reencoding functionality to send-to-braille. (TW)
Modifies lt.bat and lt1.bat to use the UTF-8 encoded file from Utf8n: (TW)
- Creates a temporary UTF-8 file in the %temp% directory.
- Runs the conversion command, passing through the UTF-8-encoded file rather than %1.
- Deletes the temporary file.