What's new in Book Port DT™
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
This document explains how to update your Book Port DT and lists the enhancements, corrections, and new features available in both software and firmware.
Firmware is what runs on Book Port DT. It controls the behavior and characteristics of the device itself. The software , on the other hand, refers to the program that runs on your computer to help transfer content to Book Port DT.
Firmware Installation Instructions
Find a flash drive or SD card onto which you can copy the files described below.
- Open the zip archive at http://update.aph.org/bpdtfw_base.zip.
- Extract the contents of the zip archive onto the SD card or flash drive.
- Remove the SD card or flash drive and return it to Book Port DT.
- If BPDT is not on, turn it on.
- Book Port DT responds that it is ready to update and instructs you to insert the AC adaptor.
- Insert the AC adapter to start the update. Note that the update can take several minutes. Book Port DT sounds its "busy" chime during the process.
- When the update is complete, BPDT restarts itself.
- You are now ready to use the new firmware.
The following changes were made to the firmware and software.
Version 1.02, March 2016
Adds download capabilities to the DAISY Online Download (DOD) service, so you no longer need to be connected to the web when you open a title downloaded through the DOD service.
Ships with the four configured services already installed. You just need to add your user name and password to each one to use them. If you already had services configured, those will still be available.
Version 1.0.2, September 2012
- Corrects a problem that prevented the male synthesized voice from operating.
Notice: Accessibility of APH Websites